Bell Pepper NachosCourse: AppetizersCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
1/4 onion chopped
8 oz ground turkey
1 tsp gluten free taco seasoning blend
1/4 cup water
1 organic medium orange bell pepper, cut into 1 inch strips
1/4 cup cheddar cheese (or Violife vegan cheddar)
1 medium jalapeno, sliced and seeds removed
1/2 cup pico de gallo or fresh tomato salsa
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Heat medium saucepan, lightly coated with coconut oil cooking spray, over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent
- Add turkey; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until turkey is no longer pink.
- Add gluten free Taco Seasoning Blend and water. Mix well; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes, or until water evaporates.
- Arrange peppers in an oven-proof baking dish; top with turkey mixture and cheese.
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes, or until cheese melts
- Divide pepper mixture evenly between two serving plates. Top with jalapeños (if desired) and pico de gallo; serve immediately.