You may have noticed a new addition to the reception room at Absolute Wellness, or enjoyed the clean, sweet scent of our new Bedroom Machine by Austin Air. The most robust air purifier from the world’s best air purifier company, the Bedroom Machine filters out large particles (think dust mites and pet dander), small particles (like viruses and bacteria ) and even VOCs (wood burning smoke, formaldehyde, chemicals).
Why purify the air? Believe it or not, 80% (YES, EIGHTY PERCENT) of the toxins and chemicals we’re exposed to are airborne in nature and the quality of the air in our homes and offices is generally 3-5 time worse than the outdoor air. This means no matter how attentive you are to your water purity or food quality, you can still be overburdening your body’s detox pathways with unpurified, stagnant indoor air.
You might be thinking, “OK, I can understand if you have a pulmonary or detox issue, or if you’re prone to allergies or chemical sensitivities, but how can it help ME?” If you have issues with any of the following, you can benefit from indoor air purification:
- Poor sleep
- Asthma or allergies
- Immune issues
- Exposure to pet hair or dander
- Exposure to mold
- Impaired detox pathways
- Coughing, wheezing or sneezing
- Headaches or nausea related to chemical/smoke exposure
The statistics on air pollution are often staggering. 8 million premature deaths every year. And a reduction in life span of up to 2 years. However, there are many millions of people that don’t show up in this type of study. The study based on mortality rates and lifespan. But nonetheless, air pollution still has a huge impact on their quality of life and overall health.
How does this show up? While you might expect air pollution to manifest in allergies, chemical sensitivities, fatigue, asthma, bronchitis, there are direct links between air pollution and mood disorders, chronic immune issues and even heart attacks
A recent study from China has linked air pollution to a feeling of sadness. On days when air pollution is bad, people generally tend to feel more melancholy.
Pollution has also been linked to feelings of anxiety and depression. According to a study from Canada, depression, particularly for women, increases on days when Nitrogen Dioxide, from car emissions is high. And high levels of anxiety have been reported on days when levels of PM2.5 are elevated. In another study from Sweden, children were more likely to use psychiatric medication when exposed to high levels of PM 2.5 and Nitrogen Dioxide.
The Importance of Sleep
When was the last time you enjoyed a healthy, uninterrupted, peaceful night’s sleep? Can’t remember? You are not alone. According to the Center for Disease Control, 1 in 3 Americans are not getting the sleep they need. Sleep is vital. It’s as important as food and water. And when we don’t get enough, our health suffers. Sleep deficiency can lead to an increased risk of cancer, heart disease, kidney disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, depression, anxiety, strokes and obesity.
If you are sleeping or working in a polluted environment, your immune system never gets a chance to recharge. This lowers your overall immunity and leaves you prey to every virus and bug out there.
Dr. Doyle can testify to the benefits here, as she also purchased an Austin Air Bedroom Machine for personal use. She has had deeper, less interrupted sleep since using her air purifier, and wakes feeling more rested and rejuvenated.
Austin Air: Clinically Proven & Medical Grade
So you’re convinced you need to purify your home or bedroom; why purchase an Austin Air unit? They are simply the best air purifiers available. Take a look at their history:
- 1990 Austin Air Systems, Limited is formed in Buffalo, New York. T Using true medical grade HEPA and granular activated carbon, it is the first domestic air purifier to remove a broad range of contaminants including chemicals, gases and Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC’s).
- 1992 Austin Air is featured in medical and health newsletters. Proven to remove 99.97% of particles larger than 0.3 microns and 95% of particles larger than 0.1 microns.
- 2000 the Austin HealthMate® undergoes extensive testing along with over 100 other air purifiers at Battelle Laboratories, Aberdeen,MD. It is selected as the top air purifier for chemical and VOC filtration.
- 2001 Post 911, Austin Air products are recommended by the Red Cross, FEMA and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to combat the negative health effects of ash, chemicals, VOCs and other miscellaneous airborne particulates released into the air after the attack.
- 2002 following the Battelle Labs tests, Austin Air is selected by the U. S. government for the largest deployment of air purifiers in the world in order to protect residents of Anniston, Alabama during the elimination of chemical weapons.
- 2010 Austin Air receives the California Environmental Protection Agency’s Air Resources Board certification.This confirms Austin Air purifiers are well under the standards for safe ozone emissions.
- 2016 The Austin Air HealthMate Plus® is deployed to many thousands of residents of Porter Ranch, California and the surrounding Aliso Canyon area to help protect against the effects of the Southern California natural gas leak.
Each year, Austin Air is selected to help with managing wildfire smoke in CA. They were the first domestic air purifier to remove a broad range of contaminants including chemicals, gases and Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC’s). They are the top personal air purifier in the world for chemicals and VOCs.
How to Get Your Own
There are a variety of Austin Air Cleaners to choose from, with the biggest difference being size. Four purifiers are designed for small areas (up to 700 sq feet) and five purifiers are designed for spaces up to 1500 sq feet. Of the smaller options, we recommend the HealthMate+ Jr, which is only one of the smaller units to filter out VOCs. Of the larger ones, we recommend the HealthMate+ or the Bedroom Machine, also for the purpose of filtering VOCs. All the units come in a variety of colors and have multiple intensity settings (I-III).
As the only local Austin Air distributor, we’d love to help you breathe easier and sleep more soundly. If you know anyone who could benefit from home air filtration, please pass this blog along. Additionally, we will be offering $25 OFF all units July – August 2019. Email us here if you have questions or would like to place your order.