Effective 7/1/20, the Town of Mount Pleasant has mandated required face masks for all Mount Pleasant businesses. Please ensure you are wearing one upon entrance. If you do not have one, we will have single use masks available for use.
Upon entering the office, please check in (iPad use optional), sanitize your hands and review the COVID-19 screening questions. Please alert us immediately if you can answer “YES” to any of them, or if anything has changed since your last visit. We will also be taking your your temporal temperature before you are seen.
We also continue to do the following for everyone’s safety:
- Schedule to limit patient overlap
- Practice social distancing outside of treatment rooms
- Run our Austin Air purifier which filters out VOCS, nanoparticles, bacteria, mold and viruses, including SARS-Cov-2.
- Sanitize the tables between each use
- Sanitize frequently touched surfaces often
- Sanitize hands between patients
Ways you can help:
- If you feel unwell, please notify us as soon as possible and stay home
- Arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to your appointment to limit overlap
- Arrive alone when possible
Screening questions to be answered prior to each treatment
Please alert us immediately if you can answer “YES” to any of the following questions:
- Have you or anyone in your household had any of the following symptoms in the last 21 days: sore throat, cough, chills, body aches for unknown reasons, shortness of breath for unknown reasons, loss of smell, loss of taste, fever at or greater than 100 degrees Fahrenheit?
- Have you or anyone in your household tested positive for COVID-19?
- Have you or anyone in your household visited or received treatment in a hospital, nursing home, long-term care, or other health care facility in the past 30 days?
- Have you or anyone in your household traveled in the U.S. in the past 21 days?
- Have you or anyone in your household traveled on a cruise ship in the last 21 days?
- Have you or anyone in your household cared for an individual who is in quarantine or is a presumptive positive or has tested positive for COVID-19?
- Do you have any reason to believe you or anyone in your household has been exposed to or acquired COVID-19?
- To the best of your knowledge have you been in close proximity to any individual who tested positive for COVID-19?
These protocols will be in place for the next sixty days unless the ordinance is lifted prior to then. Thank you for your cooperation, compassion and patience during this time.